What To Consider When Choosing a Dentist
For dentists who strive to be the best dental providers in Prescott Valley and beyond, it’s not enough to get their DDS. Search for a provider who’s put in the time and energy to learn more about dentistry. Dental professionals who are vigilant with their continuing education can be trusted to know the latest in dental technology and surgical techniques. Ask about the courses they have taken or certifications they have received.
There are many different organizations and training programs that dentists can participate in to help them obtain the best education in the procedure. To join these organizations, dentists are required to take a variety of tests that will fully reveal their knowledge regarding treatment.
Due to the advanced nature of dental care, dentists undergo frequent training to stay up-to-date. But what adds significant value is the time they have devoted to learning and working with dental organizations around the country. These organizations offer new training, as well as fresh perspectives and ideas. Search for a dental provider who is an active member in organizations such as:
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Misch International Implant Institute
Dental technology has greatly improved over the last decade. New techniques are being discovered to make procedures easier to place than ever. These new technologies mean dentists must take continuing education courses to remain up to date with the current standard of treatment.
Another sign of good experience is the services a dentist can provide, or refer you to, to better prepare you for any procedures you may face. For example, ask if they provide bone grafts or soft tissue augmentations before receiving dental implants. Patients who have experienced a loss of jawbone density or gum tissue often require these procedures to increase the likelihood of implant success.
You may be surprised to find that there are qualified, competent, caring providers practicing in your hometown. We recommend looking close to home to avoid unnecessary travel costs.
If you choose to go out of town for a provider, take into account what the costs of transportation may be, whether by public transport or by your vehicle. Take into account the cost of food, gas, tolls, and any possible lodging you may need.
Dental Sedation Options
It’s crucial to find a provider who can accommodate your needs, including your level of comfort. For example, a dentist who provides sedation dentistry techniques can help you manage any dental anxiety you may have.
Our top goal is to provide our patients with top-quality, comfortable care. For those who have dental anxiety, we can offer oral conscious sedation. By taking your sedative in the form of an easy-to-swallow pill beforehand, you can attend your appointments and procedures feeling relaxed and calm. Larson Dental is one of the few dental practices in Prescott Valley certified to administer this sedation option.
A provider who invests time in continuing education can provide the latest techniques in placing and maintaining excellent dental care. However, some of these advancements can’t be achieved without the latest dental technology to back them up. During your consultation, ask about the type of technology that they house in-office. This can include:
- CBCT Scanner – The CBCT scanner is typically a panorama X-ray scanner that can take a full 3D or rounded 2D picture of your mouth and skull. They reveal all the hidden details of your oral health, including bone density, damaged teeth, and more.
- Intraoral Camera – An intraoral camera is a small camera fixed to a wand that can be inserted into the mouth and take individual, surface-level pictures of any teeth. These pictures can be saved to our records and used to keep track of diseases or prepare for advanced treatments.
- Milling Machine – A milling machine is a device that creates dental crowns, veneers, or bridges, all in-house without the need for a laboratory. The machine uses a piece of porcelain or ceramic to carve the dental restoration based on scans of the patient’s mouth.
During the initial implant consultation with Dr. Larson, he checks each patient to ensure they fulfill all of the requirements needed to be considered a good candidate for treatment with dental implants. He will also take this time to address any remaining questions or concerns they may have about the treatment.
This last factor is entirely subjective but no less important. A dentist is someone you should like and trust. Always meet with a provider and ensure that this is someone you feel comfortable working with.
Other Questions to Ask Your Dentist
- Do you have any references from colleagues and patients?
- Do you have financing options?
- Can I get a copy of my written treatment plan?
- Do you specialize in any kinds of treatments?
Choose Dr. Larson For Your Dental Treatment
Here at our Prescott dental office, Drs. Larson is equipped with the knowledge and experience required to ensure that you receive the best possible treatment and care during your dental treatment. If you would like to schedule your consultation, we encourage you to contact our practice today. Call us at (928) 772-8128 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you soon!