Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone in order to help establish a secure foundation for prosthetic teeth. Because dental implants are secured in the jawbone by small screws, they provide the ultimate security, stability, and necessary stimulation needed in a healthy jawbone, making them an attractive choice for patients seeking a permanent solution.
Benefits of Implants
Patients who invest in dental implants are able to enjoy multiple benefits that would not be possible with traditional restorative treatments. Implants have the power to restore a person’s confidence and improve dental health significantly. For individuals who have suffered through extensive tooth loss, implant placement can be a life-changing experience.
Dental implants not only improve the aesthetic look of the smile but also restore oral functionality. Additional advantages offered by dental implants include:
- Teeth will remain secured in place
- Teeth alignment will remain
- Ability to eat, speak, and chew comfortably
- Healthier mouth
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
- Success rate of over 90%
Another key benefit of implant dentistry is how adaptable the treatment is. Whereas dentures and bridges require a certain degree of tooth loss, dental implant treatment can be personalized to each unique smile. In addition to single dental implants, our Prescott Valley dentists can strategically place multiple implants to support a partial or full arch restoration. Your options at Larson Dental include:
- Single Tooth Replacement: Ideal for patients who have lost a single tooth and would like a permanent restorative solution. This procedure has a high success rate and is not susceptible to decay – making it an attractive solution.
- Implant Supported Bridges: Used to replace more than one missing tooth, this system combines the coverage of a traditional dental bridge with the stability of dental implants. As a result, patients preserve the health of neighboring teeth that would otherwise be altered to support a traditional bridge.
- CONUS® All-on-4 Dental Implants: In cases of extensive tooth loss, and to help preserve the shape and density of the bone tissue, Dr. Larson offers CONUS® All-on-4 dental implants. The CONUS® system is ideal for patients looking for an affordable treatment solution. CONUS® comes with multiple benefits and costs significantly less than traditional “All-on-4” dental options.
Implant Care and Maintenance
Unbeknownst to many, dental implants may still be at risk for failure despite their high success rate. This can occur for a few reasons including bad dental hygiene habits, excessive biting forces, and unhealthy habits such as smoking.
Therefore, in order to avoid implant failure it’s important to keep up with good dental hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing. Additionally, visiting your Prescott Valley dentists frequently for professional cleanings will help protect your investment from future dental problems.